At Matthews LLC, it’s our dream to make life more connected, enjoyable, easier, less isolating, more sustainable and fun. We want beautiful space that is walkable, promotes interactions with neighbors, inspires a sense of community and fosters people belonging to their place. We believe that by putting our heart and passion in to the minute details of design and construction we will create homes, shop spaces, parks, sidewalks, roads, trails and communities to positively influence how we live & interact with each other, thus making the world a better more livable place. Join us on the journey to better living.
In South Bend, on the East side of the St. Joseph River, is a neighborhood with a vibrant art scene, great dining options, amazing recreation and athletic activities, a local print newspaper, and access to the region’s best health and human services. Housing options include the new mixed use buildings, 300 E LaSalle and East Bank Flats, as well as the occasional town house and condo rental. Use the interactive map to look at floorpans and apartment amenities centered at the Commerce Center, but available to all tenants in a Matthews’ property.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT
300 E LaSalle, is a 10-story, 144-unit apartment building near the St. Joseph River and East Race waterway. The 1st floor has a grocery store, and the adjacent Commerce Center building has a wide mix of retail, restaurant, and entertainment venues.
- 10′ ceilings
- 8′ doorways
- Stainless steel appliances
- In-unit washer and dryer
- Granite countertops throughout
- Designer cabinetry, lighting and finishes
- Private balconies or patios include a gas line for grill hookup
- Shared neighborhood amenities with the East Bank Flats, include a rooftop patio with pool, fire pit, and dog run..
Amenities & Available Floor Plans
- Garage Parking (Included)
- Tesla Charging Stations (extra fee)
- Rooftop Swimming Pool & Club House
- 65’ long rooftop swimming pool, with club house, on top of the East Bank Flats building.
- Orangery (Green House)
- Enjoy this year round greenhouse with aromatic citrus trees, including lemons, limes, oranges, and kumquats.
- Fire Pits
- Sit outside and enjoy the flowing water while staying warm in the evenings with multiple fire pits along the East Race.
- Biergarten & Dining Along the East Race
- A beer garden with picnic tables, and food from the Restaurant Incubator at the Commerce Center.
- Restaurant Incubator
- Local chefs try out and are awarded a 24 month lease to put their best plate forward at the Commerce Center Restaurant Incubator
- Oliver Coworking Suites
- Month to month business office rentals with a focus on entrepreneurship, include wifi, cleaning, all utilities, conference room, board room, kitchenette. From $250/month.
- River Valley Farmers Market
- The neighborhood farmers market is open Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday between 7am and 3pm.
- Jazz Club – Merryman’s Playhouse
- Enjoy a wide assortment of Jazz, from touring musicians and weekly jam sessions.
- Jada Pharmacy
- Our neighborhood pharmacy also delivers.
- Grocery Store
- Located on the 1st floor of the building. Opening in the spring of 2021.
- Visitor Parking
- Abundant ground floor visitor parking.
- Video Doorbell
- Buzz visitors in via a tablet or smartphone, and have a video chat with them before granting access.
- Package Room
- UPS, USPS, and FedEx
- East Race Raceway
- White water rafting, river kayaking, with walking trails and outdoor seating along the race to watch participants.
- River Walk
- The riverwalk connects downtown South Bend to Mishawaka, and St. Mary’s college. Fire Arts gallery, studios, and classes Shop from local artists who specialize in the fire arts (jewelry making, sculpture, pottery, metal casting, etc), sign up for classes, or join and rent your own studio space.
- Key Park
- A key park is a private park that requires a key to use. Access is included with your apartment.
- Rooftop club house
- On the 6th floor of the East Bank Flats building
- Rooftop Dog Run
- On top of the East Bank Flats building.
- Rooftop Swimming Pool & Club House
- 10′ Ceilings
- Granite Countertops
- Tile Surrounds
- Individual HVAC (gas)
- Tankless Water Heater (gas)
- Kitchen Appliances
- Dishwasher, Microwave, Oven & Range (gas)
- Full Size Clothes Washer & (gas) Dryer
- Private Balcony
- Grill Hookups on Balconies
- In building garage parking (extra charge)
Visit Disclaimer for information on Matthews LLC projects and legal relationships.
|Address:||300 E LaSalle Ave|
|Construction:||Concrete & Masaonry|
|Heat/Cool:||Gas Heat & Electric Air Conditioning|
|Laundry:||Included in unit.|
|Utilities:||Extra: Gas, Electric, Water, Data|